Kudu seeks a forward thinking and visionary Production Artist to join its growing team. As a member of the brand and interactive team at Kudu, you’ll be responsible for working to develop the company vision with regard to collateral design, information design, concept layout, image research and creative design services.
(inclusive of but not limited to the following)
- Knowledge of principles of design, including: layout, typography, color, balance, composition and current design trends.
- Able to recognize important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to take direction, as well as conceptualize, design, and organize marketing projects on your own when needed.
- Consistently apply and enforce style/brand guidelines.
- Familiarity with production requirements and working with outside vendors, i.e. printers, exhibit vendors, other agencies.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite CC – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat.
- Working with various graphic formats for print and web, knowledge of optimal format to use based on the particular application.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, Acute Vision, Handles Rejection and re-direction, intimate knowledge of the print industry and printing best practices.
- A degree in graphic design or design related discipline
- A representative portfolio (please provide URL)
- Highly adept with design tools – Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Must be able to work on Mac (OSX) computer.
- The willingness and ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity and duration simultaneously
Please upload resume, cover letter, and samples of the work or portfolio. We love creative people so feel free to include anything and everything that shows your creativity. Writing samples, design work, napkin doodles etc.
* required field